How Is The Mental Health of Our Professional and Family Caregivers?
Do we really think about the mental health of caregivers?
Hard to say because some many are such givers! It can truly be a challenge.
The Mavericks sit down with Elizabeth Paul, Founder of In It Together RN, to discuss the mental health of caregivers. Beth shared some amazing insight into three challenges areas for caregivers and employers:
- Caregivers must be mentally, emotionally and physically healthy in order to be at their peak
- Employers must be able to cope with caregiver shortages and create plans to prevent burnout
- A few simple interventions can go along way toward preventing burnout
Subscribe on your favorite podcast or video platform!
Serenity Engage is an award-winning HIPAA-compliant messaging platform that has been proven to:
- save time for staff
- increase referrals
- reduce risk for senior care providers
Ask about a 10% insurance premium discount for using Serenity. Learn more at www.serenityengage.com.
At Maverick’s Headquarters, we see opportunities to improve today’s senior care systems and create hope for the way we age. We tackle hard topics with the goal of creating conversation and generating action to solve problems.
Want to join the Maverick Movement?
Have a story on how you or your team are fostering ingenuity?
Share it with us and check out our other episodes to light your innovation fire. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great interviews.
WANT YOUR MAVERICKS MUG?
Join our Facebook Group and tell us what you action you'll take from this episode. Every month we draw from our group members for a Mavericks mug.
Mavericks of Senior Living is sponsored by Serenity Engage and Assured Assisted Living. This episode was produced by Katherine Wells, Francis LeGasse, and Taylor Hulett. Subscribe to Mavericks for Senior Living on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. Find us on Twitter, Facebook, or via email at ignitehope@mavericksofseniorliving.
- Katherine Wells, Chief Inspiration Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and CEO of Serenity Engage
- Francis LeGasse, Chief Curiosity Maverick, and CEO of Assured Assisted Living, Sevens Residential Care, Sevens Home Care
- Taylor Hulett, Chief Ingenuity Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and Director of Customer Success at Serenity Engage