“One of the best things a family caregiver can do for the person they provide care for is to create a support system for themselves.”Dale Carter, Founder and Owner, Transition Aging Parents
About The Episode
Welcome to our the first of seven days in our ‘pop-up’ series. We gathered seven experts, gave them one word and ten minutes to talk about it as it relates to senior care and the holidays. Join us to learn:
- Why it’s important to understand where our loved one is in the journey
- Why having a support system for the caregiver is crucial
- What action you can take to show LOVE during the holidays
Serenity Engage is a HIPAA-compliant conversation platform that increases move-ins, streamlines communications, and reduces risk for senior care providers. And because better communication means less litigation, ask us how to get a 10% insurance premium discount for using Serenity. Learn more at www.serenityengage.com.
Free eBook on Collaborative Care
And if you want to build trusted relationships with the families of your residents that increases satisfaction scores, lowers cost of care delivery, and drives revenue, download the ebook below to get started.
The Mavericks worked with a cross-section of roles in senior care to create a 14-Day Communication Plan to build trusted relationships between staff and families. These relationships are proving to:
- Improve resident/patient well-being
- Increase family satisfaction
- Increase staff job satisfaction, decreasing turnover
- Increase move-ins and referrals
P.S. Ready to get your Mavericks coffee mug? Share with us what your favorite idea from either this conversation or your own ideas and experience about how we can support our older population right now. Email or post the answer on our social media and your Mavericks coffee mug will be in the mail.
We’re all about challenging the status quo here at Maverick’s Headquarters! Welcome to the Challenging The Way We Age podcast by the Mavericks of Senior Living. We are two innovators and entrepreneurs who have huge hearts and passion for our older adults. And we see all kinds of opportunities to improve today’s system and create hope for the way we age. We tackle hard topics with the goal of creating conversation and generating curiosity and ingenuity to solve these problems.
Want to join the Maverick Movement? Have a story on how you or your team are fostering ingenuity. Share it with us and check out our other episodes to light your innovation fire. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great interviews.
Mavericks of Senior Living is sponsored by Serenity Engage, Inc. and Assured Assisted Living. This episode was produced by Katherine Wells and Francis LeGasse. You can subscribe to Mavericks for Senior Living on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, or via email at ignitehope@mavericksofseniorliving.
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Dale Carter, Founder and Owner, Transition Aging Parents
- Taylor Hulett, Chief Ingenuity Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and Director of Customer Success at Serenity Engage
- Katherine Wells, Chief Inspiration Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and CEO of Serenity Engage
- Francis LeGasse, Chief Curiosity Maverick, and CEO of Assured Assisted Living, Sevens Residential Care, Sevens Home Care