“When my grandparents moved into assisted living, we knew the basics were taken care of, but we wanted to ensure they had what they needed and also what they wanted. Things like the brand and size of toothpaste mattered so much to them. So we created a way to make it easy for families.”Jimmy Zollo, founder, Joe & Bella
About The Episode
Jimmy Zollo is Co-Founder of Joe & Bella, a new service that provides older adults with the full array of products they need. He has a deep personal and professional connection to this audience, including residents of care communities, their families, and caregivers. For more information, please visit: http://www.JoeandBella.com
Join us to learn:
- How Jimmy experienced his grandparent’s move into assisted living
- Why it’s challenging to care for a family member remotely and the unique challenge of ensuring your loved one is receiving the level of care that they need when you can’t be there
- What we can do to help the professional caregivers, many of whom have had to give up their second job to pay the bills during COVID
Serenity Engage is a HIPAA-compliant conversation platform that increases move-ins, streamlines communications, and reduces risk for senior care providers. And because better communication means less litigation, ask us how to get a 10% insurance premium discount for using Serenity. Learn more at www.serenityengage.com.
Free eBook on Collaborative Care
And if you want to build trusted relationships with the families of your residents that increases satisfaction scores, lowers cost of care delivery, and drives revenue, download the ebook below to get started.
The Mavericks worked with a cross-section of roles in senior care to create a 14-Day Communication Plan to build trusted relationships between staff and families. These relationships are proving to:
- Improve resident/patient well-being
- Increase family satisfaction
- Increase staff job satisfaction, decreasing turnover
- Increase move-ins and referrals
P.S. Ready to get your Mavericks coffee mug? Share with us what your favorite idea from either this conversation or your own ideas and experience about how we can support our older population right now. Email or post the answer on our social media and your Mavericks coffee mug will be in the mail.
We’re all about challenging the status quo here at Maverick’s Headquarters! Welcome to the Challenging The Way We Age podcast by the Mavericks of Senior Living. We are two innovators and entrepreneurs who have huge hearts and passion for our older adults. And we see all kinds of opportunities to improve today’s system and create hope for the way we age. We tackle hard topics with the goal of creating conversation and generating curiosity and ingenuity to solve these problems.
Want to join the Maverick Movement? Have a story on how you or your team are fostering ingenuity. Share it with us and check out our other episodes to light your innovation fire. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great interviews.
Mavericks of Senior Living is sponsored by Serenity Engage, Inc. and Assured Assisted Living. This episode was produced by Katherine Wells, Francis LeGasse and Taylor Hulett. You can subscribe to Mavericks for Senior Living on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, or via email at ignitehope@mavericksofseniorliving.
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Jimmy Zollo, founder, Joe & Bella
- Francis LeGasse, Chief Curiosity Maverick, and CEO of Assured Assisted Living, Sevens Residential Care, Sevens Home Care
- Katherine Wells, Chief Inspiration Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and CEO of Serenity Engage
- Taylor Hulett, Chief Ingenuity Maverick at Mavericks of Senior Living, and Director of Customer Success at Serenity Engage