“The booklet resulting from this collaboration relieves so much anxiety and instills confidence during this time of transition into senior living. And in a study about caregivers job satisfaction, showed they were more likely to stay in their job if they had a relationship with the family, and felt recognized for the work they are doing.”Dr. Mary McCall, Research Gerontologist
Serenity Engage is a HIPAA-compliant conversation platform that increases move-ins, streamlines communications, and reduces risk for senior care providers. And because better communication means less litigation, ask us how to get a 10% insurance premium discount for using Serenity. Learn more at www.serenityengage.com.
Communication is key for any relationship but it is especially important in the first two weeks of a move into a new residence. Join the Mavericks as we sit down, in round table fashion, with members of the Collaboration Circle. The members of the collaboration circle where gracious enough to share their time, talents and expertise to create actionable change for our older adults.
Watch this episode to learn:
- Why the first 14 days are so important?
- Does trust matter if I am a provider of aging services?
- How to form trust as an operator with new residents and their loved ones?
- How can I begin to take control of my communication today?
- And as always we will provide our listener actions items to start making change.
Join us for our most recent and impactful action request yet. Thank you to ALL who contributed to the Collaboration Circle!!
P.S. Ready to get your Mavericks coffee mug? Share with us what your favorite idea from either this conversation or your own ideas and experience about how we can support our older population right now. Email or post the answer on our social media and your Mavericks coffee mug will be in the mail.
We’re all about challenging the status quo here at Maverick’s Headquarters! Welcome to the Challenging The Way We Age podcast by the Mavericks of Senior Living. We are two innovators and entrepreneurs who have huge hearts and passion for our older adults. And we see all kinds of opportunities to improve today’s system and create hope for the way we age. We tackle hard topics with the goal of creating conversation and generating curiosity and ingenuity to solve these problems.
Want to join the Maverick Movement? Have a story on how you or your team are fostering ingenuity. Share it with us and check out our other episodes to light your innovation fire. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great interviews.
Mavericks of Senior Living is sponsored by Serenity Engage, Inc. and Assured Assisted Living. This episode was produced by Katherine Wells and Francis LeGasse. You can subscribe to Mavericks for Senior Living on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, or via email at ignitehope@mavericksofseniorliving.
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Bretagne Pullens, Regional Director, Heartland Long-Term Care Pharmacy
- Dr. Kerry Mitchell, Professor, University of Denver & Executive Consultant, Moxy Solutions
- Dr. Mary McCall, Research Gerontologist
- Morgan Jenkins, Transition Director, Maintain Me
- Taylor Hulett, Director of Communication, Applewood Our House
- Katherine Wells, CEO, SerenityApp, Inc., Chapter Head of Denver Daughterhood Circle
- Francis LeGasse, CEO, Assured Assisted Living, Sevens Residential Care, Sevens Home Care