“We need to have courageous conversations and different conversations if we are going to attract new workforce to Aging Services. We need to understand that the wave of aging population doesn’t end with the Boomers, so our solutions need to work for the next 60 years.”Dr. Amy Dore, Program Director, Metropolitan State University of Denver
Welcome to Mavericks for Senior Living: Challenging The Way We Age. We are two innovators and entrepreneurs who have huge hearts and passion for our older adults. And we see all kinds of opportunities to improve today’s system and create hope for the way we age.
In this episode we challenging the way we attract a workforce to an industry that is on the cusp of a crisis.
Dr. Amy Dore, Program Director of Masters of Health Administration at Metropolitan State University of Denver, conducted research to determine student knowledge and interest in a career in Aging Services. She is also spearheading new educational programs, certificates and minors in Aging Services at MSU.
Watch or listen to:
- Learn her surprising research results
- Discover what some companies are doing to attract workforce
- Hear how Dr. Dore succeeds at getting students interested in the industry
- Uncover the enormous variety of job opportunities in Aging Services
- Explore what can we be doing differently to attract a new workforce of all ages
Want to join the Maverick Movement? Have a story on how you or your team are fostering ingenuity. Share it with us and check out our other episodes to light your innovation fire. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great interviews.
Mavericks of Senior Living is produced by Serenity App, Inc. and Assured Assisted Living. This episode was produced by Katherine Wells and Francis LeGasse. You can subscribe to Mavericks for Senior Living on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, or via email at challenges@mavericksofseniorliving.
Here’s where you can learn more about the people and ideas in this episode:
- Guest: Dr. Amy Dore, Program Director of Masters of Health Administration, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Website: Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Katherine Wells, CEO, SerenityApp, Inc., Chapter Head of Denver Daughterhood Circle
- Francis LeGasse, CEO, Assured Assisted Living, Sevens Residential Care, Sevens Home Care